Football season is here – part of the fun in going to a game is to tailgate! Maison Insurance has some safety tips to help keep you safe while tailgating.
- Bring a Fire Extinguisher: If you’re grilling, be sure to bring a fire extinguisher and keep kids and pets a safe distance from the grill.
- Use Proper Food Safety: Be sure to pack raw meat in an insulated cooler packed with lots of ice. Make sure the meat is wrapped securely to prevent juices from cross-contaminating ready to eat food, and bring lots of clean utensils for prepping and serving. For more information on tailgating food safety click here.
- Cool the Coals Properly: After grilling, be sure the coals are cooled properly before disposing of them.
- Sun Protection: Be sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, wear sunscreen, and your favorite football team’s hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Parking Lot Safety: Be sure to look for debris such as glass bottles or cans before driving away. Watch your speed and give yourself plenty of space to maneuver between the crowd and vehicles.
Looking for some tailgate recipes? We found some great ones that are perfect for the parking lot – click here.
Be safe and enjoy the season!