Spring is upon us! It’s that time of year to start thinking about giving your home a yearly tune-up. Performing maintenance around your home is important for keeping your home safe and comfortable throughout the year.
To help you cover all the bases, we’ve come up with a spring home maintenance checklist.
- Check for damage to your roof
- Cracked, buckled or loose shingles need to be repaired
- Clean gutters and downspouts
- Keep debris from accumulating, eliminate sags and dips, and be sure downspouts drain away from the foundation
- Remove dead trees from your yard
- Hire a licensed and insured professional to trim dead branches and cut down large trees
- Trim healthy trees and bushes back from your house
- In addition to preventing damage to the house, a clean yard deters thieves
- Repair cracked, uneven driveways, walkways and stairs
- Uneven pavement can lead to sprained ankles and a host of other injuries
- Check your deck for signs of deterioration
- Replace broken or weak boards. Sharp edges, splintered or rotting wood, rusted nails or nail pops can also be a liability hazard