Now is the time to take the necessary steps to get ready for the 2016 hurricane season which runs from June 1st to November 30th. We found some great information via Ready.gov.
- Know your hurricane risk.
- Make an emergency plan.
- Build a basic disaster supplies kit, including food & water, a flashlight, batteries, chargers, cash and a first aid kit.
- Consider buying flood insurance.
- Familiarize yourself with local emergency plans.
- Be informed. Stay tuned to local wireless emergency alerts, TV, or radio for weather updates, emergency instructions, or evacuation orders.
It’s never too early to be prepared. Be Ready before the storm!